MSM is an equine supplement used to promote joint comfort, healthy connective tissue and recovery from exercise. It has been shown to relieve arthritic pain and sore muscles, protect against oxidative stress and support healthy skin, coats and hooves in horses.
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a natural compound that contains sulfur in a highly bioavailable form. Sulfur is an important component of glucosamine and collagen, helping to maintain healthy connective tissue and cartilage in your horse.
Supplementing with MSM can promote strong joints, tendons, and ligaments in your horse. This supplement also has benefits for hoof, skin and coat health, circulation as well as the immune system and may support horses recovering from injury.
MSM is frequently taken with glucosamine to combat inflammation and improve arthritis pain and symptoms.
Research also shows that MSM has antioxidant properties and can improve recovery from heavy work. In one study of performance horses, it was shown to reduce biomarkers of oxidative stress following intense exercise.
Your horse’s diet may naturally provide small amounts of MSM because this compound is found in fresh forage and grains. However, the amounts that are naturally present in feed are generally too low to provide any benefits, making supplementation necessary.
You should always consult a qualified nutritionist before altering your feed program. Submit your horse’s diet for analysis online and one of our equine nutritionists will be happy to provide a complementary review.
Consult with a nutritionist or veterinarian prior to use.
Top dress once daily on feed or ration.
|< 200 kg||¾ scoop||5 g|
|200 – 500 kg||1 ½ scoops||10 g|
|> 500 kg||3 scoops||20 g|
|1 scoop = 9 cc = 7 grams|
A scale should be used with all individual ingredients to ensure accurate dosing
For equine use only. Not for use in horses intended for food.
Keep out of reach of children.
|Methyl Sulfonyl Methane||10 - 20 grams per day|
|Servings||Cost Per Day|
Customer Questions About This Product
- What is the package for 5kg? tub or bag?
- Q What is the package for 5kg? tub or bag?A The 5 kg size comes in a big pouch. Where do you source your MSM from?
- Q Where do you source your MSM from?A Hi Jessica, it comes from China and USA. What is the shelf life for your MSM. I will be feeding two horses daily, and if I ordered the larger size to take advantage of the free shipping, I wouldn't want it to expire before I could use it up.
- Q What is the shelf life for your MSM. I will be feeding two horses daily, and if I ordered the lar...... Read moreA
The shelf life for MSM is 2 years stored in a cool, dry place. Is it a supplement worth feeding for hoof strength?
- Q Is it a supplement worth feeding for hoof strength?A
Yes - horses supplemented with MSM have healthier hooves, skin and hair because MSM supports keratin formation. Keratin is a protein that acts as a primary structural component of hair, hooves and skin. It can certainly be used to help grow stronger hooves. I have heard that msm needs to be fed with a natural vitamin c i.e. rose hips to be truly effective....is this true?
- Q I have heard that msm needs to be fed with a natural vitamin c i.e. rose hips to be truly effecti...... Read moreA
No. MSM does not need to be fed with vitamin C - horses produce their own vitamin C. Is it okay to feed in conjunction with omniety, visceral & magnesium??
- Q Is it okay to feed in conjunction with omniety, visceral & magnesium??A
Yes, MSM could be fed in conjunction with those products. Can MSM safely be fed to horses with metabolic genetic issues?
- Q Can MSM safely be fed to horses with metabolic genetic issues?A
Yes, MSM is one of the safest and most widely used equine supplements around. For recommendations for your specific horse, please fill out our Diet Analysis form at and we can give you personalized recommendations. Is it safe to use MSM on dogs?
- Q Is it safe to use MSM on dogs?A
MSM works the same for large or small dogs, it's has some anti-inflammatory properties that would be beneficial. Check with your vet for more information. Is MSM safe to feed horses with ulcers?
- Q Is MSM safe to feed horses with ulcers?A Yes, MSM is safe to feed. What is the concentration of your MSM product?
- Q What is the concentration of your MSM product?A Our MSM is 100% pure, so no fillers are added. So, if you were to supplement with 10 grams, that would be 10,000 mg of MSM. How many servings does 2kg of MSM provide?
- Q How many servings does 2kg of MSM provide?A If you were to supplement with 10 grams per day, that would supply 10,000 mg of MSM, and so 2 kg would last ~200 days. We highly recommend using a scale to weigh out correct amounts of single ingredients for your horse's needs. We trust that if you are supplementing with single ingredients, you have a rough idea of how much is needed. If you need help with this, we can certainly help you do an assessment of your horse's diet. Is your MSM a blend with glucosamine hydrocloride?
- Q Is your MSM a blend with glucosamine hydrocloride?A Our MSM is a pure ingredient so it does not contain glucosamine. What is the typical feeding rate for MSM powder?
- Q What is the typical feeding rate for MSM powder?A For MSM, it is typically fed at a range between 10 grams to 24 grams per day. Some sources suggest an initial loading period of 20 grams per day for two weeks followed by a maintenance dose of 10 grams per day for a 1,000 - 1,100 LB horse. 1 kg, would then last 100 days. How much MSM would you recommend giving daily to my horse?
- Q How much MSM would you recommend giving daily to my horse?A The typical feeding rate for MSM is 10 - 20 grams per day, but this depends on your horse's condition, body weight, diet and reasons for feeding MSM. To determine a specific recommendation for your horse, please fill out our diet analysis form and our equine nutritionist will get back to you. What is the recommended dosage for MSM?
- Q What is the recommended dosage for MSM?A The feeding rate for MSM depends on the condition of the horse and the reasons for feeding it. The typical feeding rate is between 10 - 20 grams per day for a 500 kg horse. Some sources recommend starting at a loading dose of 20 grams per day for 2 weeks and then tapering down to 10 grams per day as a maintenance dose. However, your horse may have different needs. What is the feeding ration for a cure? I need to calculate the quantity i need per horse so i order the right format thanks
- Q What is the feeding ration for a cure? I need to calculate the quantity i need per horse so i ord...... Read moreA
The typical feeding rate for MSM is 10 to 20 grams/day per 500 kg of bodyweight
Is Your Horse's Diet Missing Anything?
Identify gaps in your horse's nutrition program to optimize their well-being.