Edwards Feeds was established around 1935 as Edwards Hatchery. The founder, Vicie Mae Brown Edwards, started the company a few buildings down from our current location with two large incubators for $1200 and paid for them within one year. In 1948 they built their first chicken house on Lovers Lane that held 10,000 birds. In 1954 she and her husband bought the building where Edwards Feeds is currently located. Shortly after this their son, Thomas Edwards, came to work for the company who eventually passed it down to its current owner, Tim Edwards. After the building was purchased the company continued to grow and grow. Eventually Edwards Hatchery kept 500,000 birds on feed year around and was hatching out about 60,000 per week. Around 1985 the Edwards’ got out of the chicken business and became a retail and wholesale custom feed producer which is when the name was changed to its current name, Edwards Feeds. Today we have over 40 custom made floor stock feeds and many more custom bulk feeds we make and deliver to the public. (Source)
Edwards Feeds has been recommended 0 time(s).